Engineering Minds Holiday Club
Join Engineering Minds’ October Half term for two days of fun and learning through serious play!
Our clubs enable children to get ready for our fast-evolving world and develop a real passion for STEM topics. Engineering, coding, and applied maths are at the heart of all our clubs. We are committed to inspiring children to develop team working skills as well as become confident speakers, so we support children to present their work in front of their peers, give and receive feedback and learn to appreciate and enjoy teamwork.
Date: Tuesday 24th October & Wednesday 25th October
Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Location: Mycenae House
Fee: £55/day, 10% sibling discount
Suitable for creative children aged 6 to 11 who love LEGO building, science and technology.
What’s On the Agenda:
24th October: Animal Robots and Habitats
Introduction to Robots inspired by animals and insects
- Explore animals’ and insects’ movements and behaviours.
- Build your own robots using LEGO
- Code your robots and control their movements and signals
Stop Motion Animation
- Learn the basics of stop-motion animation.
- Create your own short videos featuring your animal robots.
25th October: Designing Robots
Bring your friends and build your dream robots in small teams!
- Explore the design process followed by engineers when creating new robots: Identify the problem – Research it – Design the solution -Build the Prototype – Test it – Improve it.
- Price your robot and create promotional posters for possible users.
Why Join Engineering Minds’ school holiday clubs?
- Unleash Your Technical Creativity
- Learn how to build and code LEGO Robots
- Teamwork and Fun
Sign up with friends and build robots together!
Join us today, places are very limited.